CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I just couldn't take it.

Despite the fact that I was down weight yesterday and excited about it. All night long I had the munchies. I did my best for most the night not to snack.

While cleaning I realized there was one of those new Reeses whipped peanut butter bars!!!! I hadn't tried them before..... 70% less fat. I took a bite...then two.... then three. I quickly threw it down and gave it to my daughter. Got up. I felt sick because I was so disappointed in my self.

I knew what would make me feel better.....

So I went and got my shoes on and hopped on my elliptical. Did it for 30 minutes while watching Biggest Loser. That means I did my elliptical for 60 minutes all together. I can surly feel it in my legs today.

But as they say no pain no gain....

I learned something though. How crappy you feel when you don't stick to your plan. And how could you and your body feels when you do stick to your plan.

8 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Oh wow, you make me so guilty! Lately, I cannot stop eating chocolates. Good for you, going on the elliptical again. I'm imprssed!

Heidi

PS: Thanks for stopping by my WW today!

Heather said...

that is so awesome! to put down the chocolate and exercise! you should be proud of your choices. dont focus on what you ate, focus on what you did right and I think that is just so great. you are very right..it feels much better emotionally and physically to eat on plan.

Hanlie said...

That is a very valuable lesson! Well done! I am also learning that indulging is not so satisfying anymore...

And well done on the wonderful loss for the week too. You really are doing great!

Lidian said...

You did really well Patti - you should feel very good about how you handled that!

BlackButterfly said...

Good job on loosing 16 lbs.! Don't concentrate on that one slip. Pick yourself up (like you did) and keep on going. What is your exercise plan? Just the eliptical for 30 min./day?

Carleen said...

its all about sticking to the plan... its gets results!

SunshineCityLassie said...

I totally agree... I feel the same way when I disappoint myself by not following through. But you just have to keep on going, you know?

Jeff Bloom said...

Good way to respond to eating junk food.

One hint for the eliptical which a trainer taught me is to try doing it with no hands for a few minutes at a time, both forwards and backwards. Doing no hands backwards is tough and it took me a few weeks to build up to 5 minutes with no hands backwards. This will build core strength.

Great job.